linkedIn

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! I agree.:D

It was about it, but we like to have fun. If your serious go to Linkedin and see. There's some serious in depth technical discussions in the flooring/inspections,concrete testing forums with some of the best experts in the industry, not including Lee. :) But then we joke around in there as well. Helps cool down some heated discussions.

Maybe you should friend me in LinkedIn. I used to pay for the full subscription, but with the economy ...

Tia

Need a drink, a big drink.

Getting old and getting tired, too tired to even want to whup Stephen skinny pitiful ass.

He has been a terror on these forums since 1997, he is, still, The Obssessed Installer.

Perry, will you go whup his butt for me? I mean, it must be worth a least 48 cents for someone to do it, I mean, he ain't worth a whole lot.

sheldon-church1.jpg

Need a drink, a big drink.

Getting old and getting tired, too tired to even want to whup Stephen skinny pitiful ass.

He has been a terror on these forums since 1997, he is, still, The Obssessed Installer.

Perry, will you go whup his butt for me? I mean, it must be worth a least 48 cents for someone to do it, I mean, he ain't worth a whole lot.

These forums have been around since 1997? Think not, but love the Deep South. With the exeption of the friggin' critters, and you know what I'm talking about.

Tia

These forums have been around since 1997? Think not, but love the Deep South. With the exeption of the friggin' critters, and you know what I'm talking about.

Tia

The first time we went to Surfaces was in 1998 and I met Dave Spreen who was one of the guys who helped set up flooringinstaller.com I think. Flooringinstaller seemed to be the flooring site of those days. I seem to remember there was a Stephen with Dave when we met. I probually first met Daris there as well that year along with Cyntha . Darol I think arrived at Surfaces the following year
So I have been following some of these guys like Tucks around for years
I need to get a life instead of following these flooring sites even though Ihave met some great people. Still got a few I gotta met like Lo Down :)

The first time we went to Surfaces was in 1998 and I met Dave Spreen who was one of the guys who helped set up flooringinstaller.com I think. Flooringinstaller seemed to be the flooring site of those days. I seem to remember there was a Stephen with Dave when we met. I probually first met Daris there as well that year along with Cyntha . Darol I think arrived at Surfaces the following year
So I have been following some of these guys like Tucks around for years
I need to get a life instead of following these flooring sites even though Ihave met some great people. Still got a few I gotta met like Lo Down :)
Lo is on another forum, Jon. There are "higher" grades of humanoids out there. ;)
............ It would be fun to get Rusty, Nick and Darol out on the beach to play some serious golf, then go crabbin', then hikin', then drinkin", then nappin' .......in that order.
...rethinkin' this, ...we could show Nick how silly golf is by watchin' Caddy Shack before we play. ;)

Lo is on another forum, Jon. There are "higher" grades of humanoids out there. ;)
............ It would be fun to get Rusty, Nick and Darol out on the beach to play some serious golf, then go crabbin', then hikin', then drinkin", then nappin' .......in that order.
...rethinkin' this, ...we could show Nick how silly golf is by watchin' Caddy Shack before we play. ;)

Nick already knows how silly Golf is . There should also be more naps included . :D

Last edited:
I remember Dave's site. Thats where I cut my teeth on forums, yes more like later in the 90's. Some smart people on there back then. Smarter than some on forums now days. heh heh

First Spreens, then I think it was FCI and was a super basic forum, so basic anyone could manipulate it, then I think it was Fred Gambles forum, then Flooringinstaller which i pretty much ignore cept to check and see if anyone is spamming it :). Not sure when this one started. But I remember it when I was banished from a couple other ones.

My wife says I spend way to much time on the computer blogging. I can't help it I have this insatiable desire to learn and torment inspectors like Lee. Now lowdown I is scared of, he has weapons of mass distruction in his closet I heard.

Guys,
you are really making me feel old.
There was Freds, before that I think Daves? Not sure, but, before those there were a few others, very primitive. I think those two appeared about the same time.
There were many small ones by some dubious characters.

Back in the very beginning there were the email forums.
You would be invited to join an email forum or hear about it from someone, usually by accident, and ask to join.
You would send an email to the "group" that everyone in the group would receive.
Then, they would respond to the "group" and everyone in the group would get that email.
Sometimes, you might have 30 or 40 emails on one topic a day, then, there would be the other topics,
Carpet cleaners seem to have been the first to do this.
Some of the cleaning distributors set them up to help sell cleaning chemicals.

Before Fred and Daves, I, and a few others, were seeing forums for other trades and started thinking of one for inspectors. The idea was to share and learn.
I traveled to Dalton to the CRI asking them to help me and a few others to set one up.
They said they would recommend it but only if we would agree to start answering consumer questions that the CRI gets, or used to get, a lot. I said no.
That was their job and frankly, their 'talk down to" attitude pissed me off bad.
They said, plainly, that only they knew anything about carpets, everyone else was stupid.
I walked out.

Not long after that, I got a call from a person in California, who said the people at the CRI had told him of our idea, and wanted to know if he could give it to a friend of his.
Now me, heck if I cared, not like it was all me but just a group of us tired of getting those 169 emails each day!
I gave him their phone numbers to call.
SO, I told him fine with me but he needed to check with the other guys. I guess they said ok but if they didn't,???? a few months later Fred Gamble forum showed up, and became the most popular for inspectors.

That were I met Stephen, who at first, refused to believe me when I told him Selva was not a woman's name.
He kept flirting with me trying to have an affair.
I though he was gay but, one day, called him and when he realized I was not a woman, stopped flirting, he is a strange one he is he is.

Since then, there have been many forums.
A lot of the old guys from those days do not post much anymore or they try to use fake names, that is, inspectors. Their competitors would copy things they said and email them to the mills. Serious.
Some "moderators" would change postings to make the poster look bad and then, again, emailed to the mills.

Some owners of sites got the big head.
I had one call someone spreading lies about me. So, a lot of people stopped posting.
Also, some people would call themselves experts but, they had no clue.
One was on a site with nothing but wrong information about wood. When I called him on it, the person said a former tech for a wood association taught that in his class. Since I was the one who got him a free class in that class, then he told lies about it, I had to "call him out".
The owner of the site, kicked me off and banned me. Forums, can be good or they can be bad.

Stephen and I moderated a forum for many years. Some people came only to cause trouble, others to have fun and learn. Rusty does a good job here of controlling them, and everyone should say a big thank you to him, he is a vet of all those days and I think he learned what good can happen, and what bad can happen, so, thanks Mr. Rusty.
You are doing a great job.

Selva "Lee" Tucker

Thanks for the compliment. But I'm just an old floorlayer. The members here have been very good about behaving themselves. I just want this place to be easygoing and informative. I am thrilled to have someone with your knowledge here. Thank you.

Well, in the '90s I wasn't on the computer. My first day was in the middle of 1999, just to see what the heck my ex-husband was up to. That's my story, and ... however, my son was a computer genius by then, and still is. He designs $5,000 websites all day long. My kid has a house 3X the value of mine. It's not fair, but I'm comfy.

Tia

Well, in the '90s I wasn't on the computer. My first day was in the middle of 1999, just to see what the heck my ex-husband was up to. That's my story, and ... however, my son was a computer genius by then, and still is. He designs $5,000 websites all day long. My kid has a house 3X the value of mine. It's not fair, but I'm comfy.

Tia

Tia you don't want to big a house. To big and Tommy wouldn't be able to catch ya.

Daris

Hey, Jon and Daris --

How right you are! Now, I dunno if the kid got this big house to fill it up with grandkids ... he only has one little gal right now ... it's certainly not to take care of me, we'd never make it together in the same household again. Tommy can't catch me even in our small house. HaHa!

Tia

Tia maybe you will have to be like an old joke I heard a 100 years ago and remember.

To mice-male[Tommy] and female[Tia]-are playing hide and seek. Its Tia's turn to hide. Tommy is looking for her and can't fine her. He calls out where are you hiding? No answer. He calls out again where are you hiding, I'm going to rape you! She answers back I'm hiding........In the closet!!

Daris

Tia maybe you will have to be like an old joke I heard a 100 years ago and remember.

To mice-male[Tommy] and female[Tia]-are playing hide and seek. Its Tia's turn to hide. Tommy is looking for her and can't fine her. He calls out where are you hiding? No answer. He calls out again where are you hiding, I'm going to rape you! She answers back I'm hiding........In the closet!!

Daris

You're way too stupidly funny, Daris!! I found out today that I had a way to send personal recorded voice messaging on my phone, so tested it by sending Tommy a suggestive message. Went to send Deb McBride a hillbilly message and accidentally sent her that one instead. Oh, boy.

Tia

Last edited:
This topic definitely is heading where old men like me can't go.
And, decidedly going where it can get guardedly uncomfortably embarrassing.

Sorry, Tuck ... but the rest of the old men obviously go there! FYI, I ain't no spring chicken, just an old flooring gal. Which, as you know, can taint you a little bit.

Tia

Latest posts

Back