For Mark Brown

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is this gear for cheating?
Used to run mobile discos so we didnt have to learn the words or tunes of the songs. We put the records onto tapes using two tape decks
We used to do a lot of cruises on a large catamaran with the cabin sitting on things like tires to make it smoother riding. The people realized that they could make the cabin bounce when dancing so that was the game for the rest of the night. Record needles just wouldnt stay in the tracks, so we changed to tapes also we could take a larger number of songs as we never knew what kinda crowd we were going to get A lot of fun nights and we got paid for it. Anybody want to buy 3 or 4 thousand records? :)

Attachments

• DISCO.jpg
    DISCO.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 24
  • TIGER LILY.jpg
    TIGER LILY.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 24
Used to run mobile discos so we didnt have to learn the words or tunes of the songs. We put the records onto tapes using two tape decks
We used to do a lot of cruises on a large catamaran with the cabin sitting on things like tires to make it smoother riding. The people realized that they could make the cabin bounce when dancing so that was the game for the rest of the night. Record needles just wouldnt stay in the tracks, so we changed to tapes also we could take a larger number of songs as we never knew what kinda crowd we were going to get A lot of fun nights and we got paid for it. Anybody want to buy 3 or 4 thousand records? :)
Oh Hell Yes!!!
Jon, I never would have thought you started your "cruise" days so young ;)

Well lads, this is officially the worst year of my life. Today I thought, you know what, if a guy is gonna have a bum year there is nothing that could possibly make it better than going out and buying a Fender American Strat Plus circa 1997. The thing is a beauty I played in a local store here a few weeks ago when I wanted to get my hands on a set of the Lace Sensor golds and seeing as they were in her I gave her a go. Well, I think I fell in love that very day and for the last month or so all I could think about was that guitar.

Today, I finally convinced myself that parting with 2000 dollars of my hard earned money was worth it for having such a thing on the wall here at home that I could love at will so I drove to the music store after working 4 days away from home to install 1300 sqft of wall and floor tile.

..... and they were closed.

Thanks a lot 2021!!!!
Chuck... is that you, LAUGHING at me??
Well yeah, I mean what else did I expect.

Vinyl records bring high prices here.

Oh Hell Yes!!!
Jon, I never would have thought you started your "cruise" days so young ;)
That would be the only boat/ship I would be going on with all the trouble the shipping lines are having these days with the virus. That boat long time dead
Seabourn who we cruise with isnt coming down NZ or Australia way until December I think other shipping lines are not coming down this way either
The last record I bought was Achy Breaky Heart

Last edited:
That would be the only boat/ship I would be going on with all the trouble the shipping lines are having these days with the virus. That boat long time dead The last record I bought was Achy Breaky Heart
Right after Thank God I'm a Country Boy? 😱
I pictured you as classical, orchestra or opera.

I love it so much when people disparage rap, as a whole. It is such a diverse genre with some very talented artist, some of which are literal wordsmiths of epic proportions. Not to mention that there is some very unique understanding of musical theory and patterning that goes into its creation.
I was like you once, then I discovered that my ignorance was unbalanced against a veritable tsunami of talent and once I was introduced to some of the finer sides of hip-hop I realized there was some amazing music over on that side of the fence.
Problem is most of what you hear is garbage and voila, enter judgement.

and most main stream country glorifies drinkin and cheating. Pop music is sex and sex... and sex. Rock, more sex and depression (these days)
You have to get off the radio to find the talent in just about anything.

Well see, there is country music... and then whatever the hell you call the music these days that is just chick rock played by dudes in cowboy hats with oversized belt buckles....
One of these things its not like the other
Give me Marty Robbins or give me death

Latest posts

Back