For Mark Brown

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it so much when people disparage rap, as a whole. It is such a diverse genre with some very talented artist, some of which are literal wordsmiths of epic proportions. Not to mention that there is some very unique understanding of musical theory and patterning that goes into its creation.
I was like you once, then I discovered that my ignorance was unbalanced against a veritable tsunami of talent and once I was introduced to some of the finer sides of hip-hop I realized there was some amazing music over on that side of the fence.
Problem is most of what you hear is garbage and voila, enter judgement.
Mark how many types of music are there? :)
The trouble we found running discos was that say at a wedding the oldies, relations, wanted to talk as they hadnt seen each other for years whereas the youngies wanted the top records of the day and party which needed to be played louder. The young ones would come up at the beginning wanting their songs and I would say wait until the oldies go then I would crank out the likes of ACDC but they would still hassle The oldies would come up and say its too loud but when they hear a song they like turn it up
is is one of the reasons we gave up doing discos
Now on a night cruise on the boats the passengers went to look at the pretty lights and other boats on the harbour with just background music playing so dancing as an added bonus for them which usually happened at least half way through the night
But if you went to a night club situation we had to play loud top songs so that the people would come in instead of moving to another night club, no people no money for us
Doing discos wasnt easy to keep everybody happy

I love it so much when people disparage rap, as a whole. It is such a diverse genre with some very talented artist, some of which are literal wordsmiths of epic proportions. Not to mention that there is some very unique understanding of musical theory and patterning that goes into its creation.
I was like you once, then I discovered that my ignorance was unbalanced against a veritable tsunami of talent and once I was introduced to some of the finer sides of hip-hop I realized there was some amazing music over on that side of the fence.
Problem is most of what you hear is garbage and voila, enter judgement.
I won't disagree some have talent.
...Laurance Welk was garbage too. 😁

I did it.
1997 Strat Plus, Inca Gray. She is a dream
20220103_160008.jpg

I'm not good at taking pictures... but here is a side by side of the twins.

20220103_142749.jpg

I always loved my electric.... until 4 hours ago when I got this one.

I have to set the action up a bit and raise the trem and get the indents I want but it sounds a plays like a dream. That rosewood neck plays like butter and again with the Fender Lace Sensor golds it just rings like a bell.

I saw Johnny Cash when I was about 10 years old , playing outside at a park when I lived in Tennessee. I didn’t even know who he was.
I walked right up to the stage and took his pic and he shook my hand.
I also met nurse goodbody from hee haw around the same time.

I don’t think it’s a Polaroid.
It was a regular 35 mm photo from around 1977.
I took a pic out of a photo album with my phone.

I don’t think it’s a Polaroid.
It was a regular 35 mm photo from around 1977.
I took a pic out of a photo album with my phone.
I'm not as good as I thought I was. 😁
I thought the edges looked like poloroid film.
Neat having such a cool photo and brush with greatness to go along with it. 👍

Latest posts

Back