Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had something similar happen to my wife's car. It was an '89 Black Cadillac Coupe Deville. Probably about 10 years old at the time. Absolutely gorgeous condition body wise. All the bells and whistles. It was my mom's car, and my mom gave it to us when she bought a new one for my wife to drive. It needed a tranny, so I had the transmission rebuilt and other than that it was perfect.

About a month after I had the transmission done, some lady hit her while she was stopped at a red light from behind and totaled it! Because of the age of the car, I barely got enough out of it to cover the cost of the tranny let alone getting her something different to drive. I was just glad nobody got hurt though. Cars can be replaced, it's a lot harder with people. ;)

Your landscapes of the badlands are gorgeous! That had to be pretty cool to see in person!
Our son, he's autistic, liked it so much that we changed plans and came back through there on our way home. He took that picture I posted of Mt. Rushmore. A funny story, the schools listed him with an IQ of 79. He did not want to go his senior year. One of his teachers volunteered to teach him after school. He did all of his final year school work in 4 1/2 hours a week and graduated. Since then, he has taught himself to read and write Japanese and to code computers. He also wrote a "graphic novel" It takes you through the pages with pictures on the pages and dialog on the bottom with music playing in the background, all done with computer coding. Way over my pay scale. I published a book of short stories three years ago but nothing like what he did. Sorry, I got off track.

Little Black Capped Chickadee hiding behind a tree branch!

If they really want to develop a useful AI technology, they need to come up with one for bird photographers to get rid of branches! :):) I've done it in Photoshop, but it just feels "wrong" somehow.
PB230537.jpg

I had something similar happen to my wife's car. It was an '89 Black Cadillac Coupe Deville. Probably about 10 years old at the time. Absolutely gorgeous condition body wise. All the bells and whistles. It was my mom's car, and my mom gave it to us when she bought a new one for my wife to drive. It needed a tranny, so I had the transmission rebuilt and other than that it was perfect.

About a month after I had the transmission done, some lady hit her while she was stopped at a red light from behind and totaled it! Because of the age of the car, I barely got enough out of it to cover the cost of the tranny let alone getting her something different to drive. I was just glad nobody got hurt though. Cars can be replaced, it's a lot harder with people. ;)
Only had liability on the Buick. A guy gave me $400 for it because he wanted the wheels and tires.

Our son, he's autistic, liked it so much that we changed plans and came back through there on our way home. He took that picture I posted of Mt. Rushmore. A funny story, the schools listed him with an IQ of 79. He did not want to go his senior year. One of his teachers volunteered to teach him after school. He did all of his final year school work in 4 1/2 hours a week and graduated. Since then, he has taught himself to read and write Japanese and to code computers. He also wrote a "graphic novel" It takes you through the pages with pictures on the pages and dialog on the bottom with music playing in the background, all done with computer coding. Way over my pay scale. I published a book of short stories three years ago but nothing like what he did. Sorry, I got off track.
It teaches you to never doubt the will of the human spirit! That's awesome!

My youngest daughter has mild Cerebral Palsy from being born premature. She struggled with her writing when she was in elementary school despite having PT and OT every week and then one day I let her start playing with my PlayStation and bought her a couple of kid friendly games. Her handwriting is now better than mine! The hand eye coordination that video games require was just what she needed. Sometimes you just got to think outside the box.

The wife wants me to go to Florida for vacation this year to the beach, but I think I'd rather maybe go back to Cade's Cove in Tennessee. Maybe take a few pictures of bears and other critters. Although, i've seen recently where they have been having a bunch of flooding that's wreaking havoc down that way right now. Both Gatlinburg and Severville, have been flooded more than once this winter.

If we go to Florida, I think I'd rather go to the Everglades. I've never been there, and I think seeing Manatees or some of the birds there would be pretty cool.

The wife wants me to go to Florida for vacation this year to the beach, but I think I'd rather maybe go back to Cade's Cove in Tennessee. Maybe take a few pictures of bears and other critters. Although, i've seen recently where they have been having a bunch of flooding that's wreaking havoc down that way right now. Both Gatlinburg and Severville, have been flooded more than once this winter.

If we go to Florida, I think I'd rather go to the Everglades. I've never been there, and I think seeing Manatees or some of the birds there would be pretty cool.
Our daughter took us to Galveston for my 75th birthday last spring.

Rough day yesterday. Had to put my kitty cat down after finding out he had cancer. He's been my buddy for the past 13 years. We took him a couple of weeks ago and they thought he just had a benign cyst on his thyroid. After giving him thyroid meds for the past couple of weeks he wasn't coming around very well and he'd all but stopped eating and he wasn't going potty. So my wife took him in Monday and they called just as I was on the way home from work Monday night.

Was hard to make the call, but I just couldn't let him suffer.

Poor guy had to be my test model the past few months whenever I would get a new lens. :) He had just eaten some cat nip here and was showing me his thoughts about me taking his picture.

View attachment Kitty Boy.jpg

Rough day yesterday. Had to put my kitty cat down after finding out he had cancer. He's been my buddy for the past 13 years. We took him a couple of weeks ago and they thought he just had a benign cyst on his thyroid. After giving him thyroid meds for the past couple of weeks he wasn't coming around very well and he'd all but stopped eating and he wasn't going potty. So my wife took him in Monday and they called just as I was on the way home from work Monday night.

Was hard to make the call, but I just couldn't let him suffer.

Poor guy had to be my test model the past few months whenever I would get a new lens. :) He had just eaten some cat nip here and was showing me his thoughts about me taking his picture.

View attachment 18263
Sorry to hear that, pets are family.

Latest posts

Back