Under The Tub

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddog

Wanted to say hello 1st post. Wanted to pick y’all’s brains. I have a bathroom that’s being redone. Can I run Pergo Waterproof Wood Plank Laminate under the tub it only weighs around 60 lbs.

What kind of tub are we talking about? Claw foot tub? Maybe, read the directions to see if it will void the warranty. If we’re talking about a typical built in tub and you want to lay the floor underneath before installing the tub, definitely not.

What kind of tub are we talking about? Claw foot tub? Maybe, read the directions to see if it will void the warranty. If we’re talking about a typical built in tub and you want to lay the floor underneath before installing the tub, definitely not.
Yep that’s what I’m asking normal alcove tub.

Floating floor is usually the last thing installed. You could lay down a sheet of plywood underneath the tub the same thickness as your floating floor. Maybe set the plywood back just enough so you can slip the Pergo underneath for a clean look while maintaining all installation requirements.

Latest posts

Back