Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/r...160029308.html

A sobering new reliability report from Consumer Reports indicates electric vehicles still have a long road ahead regarding dependable performance. The survey of over 300,000 vehicles found electric models suffer 79% more maintenance problems than gas-powered cars. Meanwhile, plug-in hybrids fared even worse — with a concerning 146% more issues reported by drivers.

ex men.jpg

Differing Interpretations----SLANTED Journalism

I put it to you that EVERYTHING you've ever read about unions is grossly slanted anti-union propaganda. Just now I read an article from one of the buisness/trading websites I follow blaming the huge raise recently negotiated caused 12,000 "workers" to be laid off by United Parcel Service. Here's my take. The drivers---who are doing all the actual work in the organization got the money that "management" was absolutely and thoroghly wasting on extraneous cubicle geeks. Yes, I spent many, many thousands hours inside corporate America's cubicle jungles. I know very well how many of these USELESS geeks.....bureaucrats in the corporate sense.....do damn near nothing if not actually confuse and obstruct the flow of an organization.

We're all familiar with the useless geeks in government bureacracy, yes. They're damn near impossible to get rid of once the institution and funding is created. The taxpayer just eats it. Well UPS cant just eat it. Because the drivers demand decent compensation and the stockholders demand profit the top corporate officers had to DO THEIR JOB and hack off some of that DEAD WEIGHT from management, I'm glad the real workers got their raise and I'm glad the dead weight is out there looking for work as useless bureacrats in some other wasteful environment.

By the way, the most remarkable level of wasteful, useless cubicle jockeys I've ever seen was in the Rapid Transit Department downtown Los Angeles. I'm working around then for weeks. So I can see who is actually working and who is doing nothing whatesover. I cant say I've ever seen SO MANY people on a very large scale with nothing to do all day. We're talking about the transportation department. We all know of the "joke" on road work where one guy digs a hole whilst 5 guys stand around watching. I'm here to tell you there were another 5 guys sitting/standing around doing nothing all day back at their home office.

I don’t own one so that’s not something I’m concerned about. If the day ever comes that EV’s are forced upon us then I guess we’re all taking the day(s) off when it gets cold. Shit, I don’t even drive in the snow for work anymore. Not that I can’t but I’m not risking my shit just so someone else can get some base hung.

Maybe 8 years or so ago there was a good winter in Portland and the boss was baggin on me n my buddy because we told him we weren’t driving in those conditions. We caught a decent amount of shit over that until one of the other guys crashed their van. Never heard another peep about it after that.

I like the way you think C.J. 👍 perfection is nice when attainable, but once resistance shows up (in its many forms) practicality can be our friend.

Climate scientists: Perfection in all human endeavors is imperfect because the world is too complex and the variables are too infinite to meet perfection status. Agree ?

Thanks for sharing this concept from one side of the Scientific coin, even though you may not have been aware you said something realistic. To quote a good friend who’s always interested in making progress around challenges.
( “ what are you going to do
about that “ ? )

Multiple choice:
A) burn down the doomsday clock
B) perpetuate pejorative speech ( sorry ! I ran into this word wealth word the other day 😜 )
C) Tune them out like the boy who cried wolf and do or say nothing.
D) Listen, look for valid clues, and promote a two sided Scientific relationship, despite personal judgments of the other.
E) all of the above 😜

PS > I think I shared about a Climate program on Pattrn tv channel that’s not learning on the left global warming side, but I don’t remember what topic I posted it under. I remember C.J. Saying I like programs like that 😀 …. Well ! If you want some clarity on the subject, seek it out and watch. They say that the evidence points to the Earth as a living organism in itself.

Climate scientists: Perfection in all human endeavors is imperfect because the world is too complex and the variables are too infinite to meet perfection status. Agree ?

Thanks for sharing this concept from one side of the Scientific coin, even though you may not have been aware you said something realistic. To quote a good friend who’s always interested in making progress around challenges.
( “ what are you going to do
about that “ ? )

Multiple choice:
A) burn down the doomsday clock
B) perpetuate pejorative speech ( sorry ! I ran into this word wealth word the other day 😜 )
C) Tune them out like the boy who cried wolf and do or say nothing.
D) Listen, look for valid clues, and promote a two sided Scientific relationship, despite personal judgments of the other.
E) all of the above 😜

PS > I think I shared about a Climate program on Pattrn tv channel that’s not learning on the left global warming side, but I don’t remember what topic I posted it under. I remember C.J. Saying I like programs like that 😀 …. Well ! If you want some clarity on the subject, seek it out and watch. They say that the evidence points to the Earth as a living organism in itself.
During the Little Ice Age which ended about 1850, it is an an accepted scientific fact that the Earth's temperature dropped 3.6 degrees F. The new climate religion uses 1880 as their starting point. They claim it has raised 2 degrees F since then.
I saw a video a few years back of some of the temperature sensors they are basing their claims on. Many were in open fields when installed about 45 years ago. Most of them have had roads and airports built near them through the years. We all know that areas near asphalt and concrete have higher temperatures than other comparable areas. I did a college paper on climate change about 5 years ago. Climate expert Dr Roy Spencer, who does not accept the theory of man made climate change, said that he was offered a research grant if he would publicly change his opinion. Another climate expert, Dr. Willie Soon, has said the same thing. Both said that some of their colleagues accepted money to change their opinion. So if man made climate change is real, why are they willing to pay experts to change their opinion?
panic-the-sky-is-falling.png

Which is what?
Let’s gear down, shift and pivot, keep the pay to play individuals around and the forthright ( possibly wolves in sheep’s clothing) scientists because we will never be sure who’s God and who’s the devil or are they both God or the devil or do they switch back and forth every 4 years 😜
Stop, look and listen, what is Mother Nature telling us to do ? To stay in high Gear or to shift down to a lower gear for much needed traction on today’s terrain?

Because it is all a bunch of lies. It is all about money.

Story time: Your a scientist with good intentions researching this or that and Daddy War-bucks shows up with the much needed funds, to pick up the expenses. Now you’re in the middle of the Galapagos studying a local plant that the indigenous people use for skin infections. It’s been years and years of research and still you’re unable to unlock the secrets behind the plant. You feel beaten and frustrated, but you have a hunch on the missing link that validates everything. So now the researcher has expectations, an imposing view that could manipulate the results…… is that a lie ? Or is it grounds for a separate Scientific study on what I’ll call ‘ The Human Factor’ and when to step in and shut the original study down.……Now multiply that challenge with the complexity of every link in the chain. Starting with Speculators, Investors, research, production, marketing, and product. The margin for error is vast, making certainty, uncertainty.
SO ! Imho bold statements are better left on the ball fields of game playing, where it doesn’t really matter too much. Real life and lives are on the line as it relates to how we treat Mother Nature.

PS> the missing link to the study story 😜was found 20 years later with the invention of the electron microscope 🔬…. It was a 🐛 not the plant itself.🤔

Latest posts

Back