Here we go again.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna make a cruise to the store and get some grub. I'll check the prices. It was 3.20 or 3.17 two days ago. Lowest it got in the past few months was 3.11

In today's paper:

Gas prices in Los Angeles, Orange counties set New Year’s Day record
By City News Service
POSTED: 01/02/14, 6:54 AM PST |
LOS ANGELES - The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in Los Angeles County rose a half-cent Wednesday to a record amount for New Year’s Day, $3.694, erasing the previous record of $3.655, set in 2012.

Prices are typically lower in the winter than the summer, when a combination of higher demand and the requirement to sell the summer blend of gasoline, which is more expensive to produce, results in higher prices.

The all-time record is $4.705, set on Oct. 9, 2012.

The average price has increased for 11 consecutive days, rising 5.4 cents over that span, including eight-tenths of a cent on Tuesday, according to figures from the AAA and Oil Price Information Service. It is 4.3 cents more than one week ago, 7.7 cents higher than one month ago and 7.6 cents greater than one year ago.

The Orange County average price also rose to a New Year’s Day record, increasing four-tenths of a cent to $3.681, erasing the previous record of $3.64 set in 2012. It is 4.9 cents more than one week ago, 8.6 cents higher than one month ago and 8.4 cents greater than one year ago.

The Orange County average price has risen 12 consecutive days, increasing 6.6 cents over that span, including eight-tenths of a cent on Tuesday.

Maybe you reduced the available supply blowing all that snow?

Went through 5 gallons in a hurry. Got a dusting again last night. Calling for freezing rain tonight and possibly tomorrow. Temps are supposed to slide up into the 40's. They are advising us to pull the snow off the roof to eliminate ice damming. All the fun of winter in Michigan. Temps did a 40+ degree change yesterday. 20 below-26 above in a very short time actually. about 4 hours.

Daris

Had the kind of lightning strikes this afternoon that makes your fillings swell, and your innards jiggle to and fro. Kinda fun..

There's actually a tool called a snow rake, made just for pulling snow from the roof.

Picture of a snow rake. Its about 18 feet long. I spent entire day pulling snow off mine and my neighbors roof Friday. Warmed up and most of the 17 inches is now gone. Well not quite there is grass showing in places though.

Daris

P1010006.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010022.jpg

Latest posts

Back