What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting some Quick Step in a trailer. It’s dark in this thing. We’ve closed off all the windows, as per the customers request, and this thing is going to be somebody’s private hideaway bar. You should hear the jokes already😂

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0001.jpeg
    IMG_0001.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Went to clean Mom's toilet but sediment and crud had clogged the fill valve. I've cleaned the fill valves before but couldn't remember how to take it apart so I watched a video. I only broke one piece of plastic off when the stupid thing was stuck and wouldn't turn. The strainer was filthy-- full of black chunky crud. I used an electric scrubber thingy to clean it, rinsed everything, ran water through the fill valve without the tube/strainer to clear stuff and make sure it flowed right. Put it back in and made sure water flowed properly with strainer back in, got it all together and then had trouble getting it to click back in to align for the float but eventually got it. I had to use pliers to get stuff apart (hence the broken plastic) but now it is working and I can clean my toilet-- fortunately, the fill valve in it is fine. Gonna put some cleaner in the bowl and take a shower. I normally take showers in the morning when I get up but my scalp is itching from needing a shower so badly.
Ah, but when it's done and it works, it takes a little weight off your shoulders and the satisfaction can't measured. Self reliance rules 👍

Putting some Quick Step in a trailer. It’s dark in this thing. We’ve closed off all the windows, as per the customers request, and this thing is going to be somebody’s private hideaway bar. You should hear the jokes already😂
Was kidnapping in the conversations. 😳
😁😁😁

Kidnapping, leather masks…

I guess there is some fancy tiki bar somewhere that this customer likes and is going to replicate it in his back yard. I’m building a decent sized bar inside it now.
Will it require testing before delivery to the customer? If so, maybe some White Russians can assist.

Did a restretch for an interesting customer yesterday and today. He worked at Boeing for 34 years and did some work for Sealaunch, a company that did rocket launches from the ocean at the equator.... It's the best launch location. They went bankrupt in 2010.
The fella did the boring 0110100110101 programming for rockets, programming the sequence of the rocket motor, booster startup, cutoff and telemetry stuff.
He's had a hobby for many years and I became a recipient of two of his creations. A Myrtlewood pen and a marabu retractable pencil.
The internal of the pen is a Parker cartridge and the pencil lead I believe he said is a #4
It has a big collet to grip the big lead.

There so nice I'm scared to use em.
Very cool guy and fun to chat with.
Not a shabby parting gift.

Attachments

• IMG_20240620_184928629_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240620_184928629_HDR.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240620_184938732_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240620_184938732_HDR.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240620_184635692.jpg
    IMG_20240620_184635692.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240620_184705050.jpg
    IMG_20240620_184705050.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240620_185000621.jpg
    IMG_20240620_185000621.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240620_184737622.jpg
    IMG_20240620_184737622.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240620_184851005.jpg
    IMG_20240620_184851005.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 0
Rusty, I hope the infusions work and that everything goes well for you.

I had an exhausting day yesterday. Started trimming back the weeds around the sidewalk but my trimmer battery got too low. Charged it while I cleaned up in the hallway and kitchen (after I cooled off bc it was 90°F and humid). Took out trash. Brought in new trash bags. Upset Yasuke by pulling a trash bag out of the box he was sitting on.

Went to the post office to get mail and grabbed some stuff from Walmart. Go back home, finished trying to cut the weeds but some of them were too thick for my little trimmer to cut-- the base of the dog fennel and some of the other weeds was too thick for the grooves to fit around. I'll have to show a picture of the tool later. So I stomped the weeds down as best as I could. Will have to get out a proper weedeater later.

Sister showed up and got to use my bathroom. I told her it was cleaner than Mom's bathroom. When we shared the room and bathroom as kids it had really gross carpet in it. Last time she'd seen the bathroom there was no flooring in, no toilet, and the shower was gross.

We showed her around the farm a bit and it got too hot so we went in to cool off and we waited on Mom. She took bro with her while she went to look for a hotel in Alexandria (closer to the wedding venue). Mom and I left afterward in the truck. Got a message that the hotel she'd picked looked like a place where people would be stabbed by hobos, they were pretty sure some ghouls from Fallout would hang out there, and she wanted a different hotel-- which was just a couple driveways down. Bro and sis got in the truck and we went to the Chinese place to eat. Owner was very happy to see all of us. I had to get the soup for Mom (she can't carry it without spilling) and showed my sister what stuff I liked to eat there. Then we headed back to her hotel to hangout for awhile. Mom fell asleep. Bro played on her VR game thing. I almost fell asleep. We watched some videos and listened to music. Then we said goodnight to her and headed home. Mom wanted McDonalds and long story short on that, they were understaffed and it took 25min to get our stuff.

Got back home and I was finally able to drink my shake and eat my fries (I like to dip my fries in my shake). Princess sat behind me on the couch (she likes to sit on the back of it) and I could hear her breathing in my ear and licking her lips. She put her paw on my back as she was inching closer really wanting some fries. LOL. I shared some with her and she was happy.

Mom was hungry again (she only got a drink from McDonalds) so I heated up some leftovers and fed the kitties (who were hollering at me because not all of their bowls were full and they were certain the world was going to end if they had even one bowl partially full).

When my sister was visiting, Princess came to greet her and was friendly. Most of the cats were either indifferent or friendly to her. Sylvanas is usually afraid of strangers but she saw my sister petting Gravy Jones and got jealous so she started reaching for her and wanting to be petted. Sadly Biscuits didn't remember her, but he was still a kitten the last time he saw her. He'd been super cuddly with her. Mewlatto doesn't like anyone but me, so he was stand-offish.

I finally racked tf out and woke up just before 6am. Mewlatto is clinging to me again, but it's time to go change Mom's dexcom sensor.

Customer for years asked me to do the upper level of a home turned into a rental. Two rooms of carpet, the rest Mohawk LVP t
Kitchen, LR, bathroom a 12' long hall area that's open into a 8x14 room.
Leveling is a nightmare with a hump through the living room, continuing dead center through the hallway.
....is it a fir floor you asked? Yes, and there was a ceramic insulator under the floor in the area that I'm flattening out. The hump has to go. I cut out the 3/4" fir boards and screwed down 1/2 inch plywood. I'll need to feather on both edges of the fir floor to the center of the plywood to remove or flatten out the hump
Where the living room floor transitions into the hallway, that end of the house is lower, creating a blending nightmare from the living room into the 4' wide hall. It's a shit storm but it's looking better now. It can't be made perfect to manufacturers spec's, but I think I can make it work.
Here's the junction area in the hall where it meets the living room. 😱🫣
A 3' 6" by 7' piece of 1/2" plywood blends the two areas.
There will be plenty of prep after the plywood.
He's not complaining about the time I'm spending.
I had to unscrew a lot of scrap wood pieces that he had installed as filler so that I could do it my way. 😁 My way or the highway on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20240622_141912611.jpg
    IMG_20240622_141912611.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240622_141852250.jpg
    IMG_20240622_141852250.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240622_130737171.jpg
    IMG_20240622_130737171.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240622_142908696.jpg
    IMG_20240622_142908696.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240622_142903014.jpg
    IMG_20240622_142903014.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The job just mentioned gives me a chance to use my Dust Deputy with my edger. I'm impressed how well it works.
The bag on the edger went south 25 years ago so I've always used it with my shop vac with various ways to keep the filter clean. I'm sold on this thing.

The job just mentioned gives me a chance to use my Dust Deputy with my edger. I'm impressed how well it works.
The bag on the edger went south 25 years ago so I've always used it with my shop vac with various ways to keep the filter clean. I'm sold on this thing.

Very nice! I’ve been thoroughly impressed with my Mullet. I’ve emptied it 5 or 6 times now and there is very little that has made it past and into the vacuum bag over the past almost two months now.

Very nice! I’ve been thoroughly impressed with my Mullet. I’ve emptied it 5 or 6 times now and there is very little that has made it past and into the vacuum bag over the past almost two months now.
Some products are hype and I wondered how well it worked. This worked just well as people said it would in reviews and in videos I watched. It makes using the edger a lot more enjoyable.

Some products are hype and I wondered how well it worked. This worked just well as people said it would in reviews and in videos I watched. It makes using the edger a lot more enjoyable.

How do you attach it to your shop vac? Or do you just let it roll around on its own? Maybe you built a cart for both?

I know the Mullet is twice the cost of a Dust Deputy but I swear the plug n play aspect of the Mullet makes it worth the extra money, at least for me. In fact I still want a Dust Deputy so I can compare it to the Mullet but when I think about dropping some coin for one I keep thinking I should just put in a little more money and get myself another Mullet.

Latest posts

Back