What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There she is with a 20’ hose. Thought I would change the bag in my shop vac and see just how much crap gets by. It wasn’t anywhere near needing to be changed but I gotta know. Few pieces of plastic, some floofy dirt puff stuff, some miscellaneous wood splinters, a latex glove and some really light dust. That’s not bad for a couple months use, by multiple people. I’ve emptied the Mullet maybe 5 times within that same couple months.

Dang it, now I gotta get a Dust Deputy so I can fiddle with it and compare the two.

IMG_0029.jpeg
IMG_0033.jpeg
IMG_0034.jpeg

Question: It looks like there are boards nailed to the underside of the joists spanning the ceiling below my attic. I weigh a little under 200lbs. Would you trust trying to walk on the boards? Or is it better to try to stick to the joists? My friend thinks they will hold. I'm worried the nails will just pull out under my weight and I'll fall through.

I haven't been able to get my fat butt up there because the ladder won't hold steady and I'm nervous around getting on and off ladders.
CJ, I didn't know shop vacs had bags. LOL. Mine doesn't. But maybe it should... It blows dust everywhere when I vacuum with it.

I decided to update my Sketchup plans for the guest bathroom and laundry room by putting in a mockup of the glass block window that will go in the shower. There weren't any of the right kind on 3dwarehouse to import so I built one block by block and then I drew the hopper window as best as I could. Not perfect by any stretch. I borrowed a texture from other models, changed their size in mspaint, and changed the opacity to 50%.
Inside view with an approximation of the latch. It's hard to tell from the angle, but the top blocks are the same size as the bottom blocks. I have since improved the model's texture a bit.
1719951085332.png

I tried to make the screen for the outside on the hopper window but its hard to see.
1719951863444.png

The screen is visible from the inside on the hopper window.
1719951913085.png

I'm rather pleased with myself at how this turned out. Its not great, but I'm satisfied with the results.

Meanwhile, it's time to go change Mom's insulin cartridge on her pump.

Question: It looks like there are boards nailed to the underside of the joists spanning the ceiling below my attic. I weigh a little under 200lbs. Would you trust trying to walk on the boards? Or is it better to try to stick to the joists? My friend thinks they will hold. I'm worried the nails will just pull out under my weight and I'll fall through.

I haven't been able to get my fat butt up there because the ladder won't hold steady and I'm nervous around getting on and off ladders.
CJ, I didn't know shop vacs had bags. LOL. Mine doesn't. But maybe it should... It blows dust everywhere when I vacuum with it.

I decided to update my Sketchup plans for the guest bathroom and laundry room by putting in a mockup of the glass block window that will go in the shower. There weren't any of the right kind on 3dwarehouse to import so I built one block by block and then I drew the hopper window as best as I could. Not perfect by any stretch. I borrowed a texture from other models, changed their size in mspaint, and changed the opacity to 50%.
Inside view with an approximation of the latch. It's hard to tell from the angle, but the top blocks are the same size as the bottom blocks. I have since improved the model's texture a bit.
View attachment 19389
I tried to make the screen for the outside on the hopper window but its hard to see.
View attachment 19390
The screen is visible from the inside on the hopper window.
View attachment 19391
I'm rather pleased with myself at how this turned out. Its not great, but I'm satisfied with the results.

Meanwhile, it's time to go change Mom's insulin cartridge on her pump.

Stay on top of the joists. You can lay down strips of plywood, or fence boards, across the tops of the joists while you’re up there doing your thing. Bring them down when you’re done or leave them up there for next time.

Latest posts

Back