Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe he was quite the liberal, but old school, and maybe not one of today .
He's talking about the media and it's thirst for keeping division a never ending reality. This many years later, the media's questions are still the same theme.
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/sxeSwWxFVC5BZKGr/?mibextid=31ks6x
The sound wasn’t working on that link 😡
But I recently heard him on the radio, and he’s a class act…… He was turned away by Hollywood, but noticed they needed a janitor, so he asked them, how about I clean up the place for acting lessons ? They were so taken back by his determination that they agreed and the rest is history. He also was the one who wrote in a change of scene, when he played Captain Tibs 👍 I forget the title of the movie 🤪….. After a few sips of coffee, ‘ In the Heat of the Night. ‘ 😆
Where the cop slaps his face. Original he was not supposed to slap back, but he convinced the director to allow him to slap back.

Last edited:
So I have a lot to share 😜
Even though you want to punch me in the face, just like 3 or maybe even four of my fellow retreat members do 😜

Warning ⚠️ This could be taken as Gossip, however it does meet the three sieves of Truth, Kindness and Utility 😀
Now you really want to punch 🥊 😜

Story #1 : At the end of the retreat they give out a 5 year attendance certificate, and for 10, 20, 30 and beyond, they give you a piece of man bling 😎 an engraved tie or lapel pin. Now Fred, our Stoic manly man, just told his brother the Captain, to remove him from the list 🤔 as he wants nothing to do with that juvenile reward . He then stood up and demonstrated this distain, by flailing his hands back and forth like a flaming blank 😜 ( no disrespect intended) Anywho, if you’re still reading I comedically commend you. To make a short story long 😜 The point is, just because he thinks it’s stupid doesn’t mean he has to express himself, OR SPEAK 🗣️ UP about it, in a gossiping way. 🤔 …. What’s true for him may not be true for others, so that would fall in the not ‘ Truthful’ zone . It’s definitely not ‘ Kind ‘ and sharing, even though I’m glad he did because it was FUNNY as hell, 😂 really has
no ‘ Utility’ …… except for Now and the purposes of demonstrating how this accepted behavior is keeping us from improving.

More stories to come 🥊

Last edited:
Just to follow up, on speaking up. Am I riding the fence or am I not trusting the truth ? I was sent this letter that we may want to consider. Even though it sounds like it’s about ‘ personal life’ I believe we could also use the same template
for ‘ universal life’

View attachment 19937

Very interesting Pope Francis and something we could consider, both personally and universally.
Socrates was obviously asking the man why he hates Trump.
😉

Which God? There are over 500 recognized religions, including "The Flying Spaghetti Monster".
😂😂 Nice ! We definitely need a sense of humor about this mysterious God that’s for sure. So all 500 and the Gluten Free Spaghetti Monster too, why not.

Most individuals can feel something mysteriously Devine ( for lack of a better word) inside, and IMHO all we could do is give permission to express that more than the Ego part and conflict would be minimized. Would you agree ? And if not, why?

Guess what M.Sli’s Cracker Jack Phycology, Religion and Politics license has been Revoked 😜 …. Your heads will no longer be examined 🍾 and the unsolicited advice is over, unless asked for 👍🤞😂 ….. I was hoping the Dooers and the feelers description was going to generate some real contemplating but I guess not and that’s ok, I had to try, because I was convinced I wasn’t explaining the message properly, to be received as intended. And that’s probably because Dooers don’t think like feelers, I wonder if there is a way to teach that ?
M. Sli. Out ! 😜 but not leaving 🤩

On this night, September 10, 2001
246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their next shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift of saving lives and 1 K9 went to bed a good boy
🐾
🐾

None of them saw past 10:00 am the next morning Sept 11, 2001. In the blink of an eye, their lives were cut short.
Tonight, as you prepare for bed in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

twun.jpg

So I have a lot to share 😜
Even though you want to punch me in the face, just like 3 or maybe even four of my fellow retreat members do 😜

Warning ⚠️ This could be taken as Gossip, however it does meet the three sieves of Truth, Kindness and Utility 😀
Now you really want to punch 🥊 😜

Story #1 : At the end of the retreat they give out a 5 year attendance certificate, and for 10, 20, 30 and beyond, they give you a piece of man bling 😎 an engraved tie or lapel pin. Now Fred, our Stoic manly man, just told his brother the Captain, to remove him from the list 🤔 as he wants nothing to do with that juvenile reward . He then stood up and demonstrated this distain, by flailing his hands back and forth like a flaming blank 😜 ( no disrespect intended) Anywho, if you’re still reading I comedically commend you. To make a short story long 😜 The point is, just because he thinks it’s stupid doesn’t mean he has to express himself, OR SPEAK 🗣️ UP about it, in a gossiping way. 🤔 …. What’s true for him may not be true for others, so that would fall in the not ‘ Truthful’ zone . It’s definitely not ‘ Kind ‘ and sharing, even though I’m glad he did because it was FUNNY as hell, 😂 really has
no ‘ Utility’ …… except for Now and the purposes of demonstrating how this accepted behavior is keeping us from improving.

More stories to come 🥊
I don't want to punch you in the face ...even tho I'm still a lifelong registered Democrat. 🤣🤣🤣
...hey, it's what we do. 😁

Ok, it’s too quiet around here, so I’ll share this word…… Funny 😁 the end of the word sounds like Annoy-ya 😜

Please share a time in your life that you had a change of perspective, and why.

Attachments

• AF6C0DA2-4D00-4CA6-A734-3860746D26B1.png
    AF6C0DA2-4D00-4CA6-A734-3860746D26B1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back