Don'townastingerneverhaveneverwill

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a repair in a walk in closet. The lady blamed the loops that were caught in her vacuum cleaner on their cat.
.....I didn't tell her that the cat also poked a hole in the plywood. 😁
....I just repaired it and left.
With out expert forensic’s, it could have been both the 🐝 and the 🐈‍⬛ causing the damage 😜…… You got under it, nice 👍

You ever been stretching a double wide with poles and have an entire wall move? I have. From then on I only used a stinger in manufactured homes.
Grandpa did once in 75, 6, or 7.
It was new and on the dealers lot.
For a couple decades now I've used an 8' 4x4 to protect the walls and Stretch off of. It's not that heavy...... I mean it's always dry, never in the carport. It's dedicated to that purpose. It spans sliding doors, and led French doors and best of all in a typical room you move this stretcher board once, no need to keep scooting a 3 food board as you go. It's a tome saver in that way....... I mean once it's in the house and on the floor it's easy to move.
Ive never been into speed. If my way takes 15 to 30 minutes more, I couldn't care less.
Like....... Ooooh, I got my job done at 3:50 instead of 4:20. What will I do with all that saved time? 🤔
Nothing, .....I just got done a little faster. Not enough time to get started on another job and who'd want you showing up at a quarter to 5:00 to unload a few tools and leave?
I never chased jobs or had to move twice as fast as the guy that I out bid.
I've never bid jobs anyway.

Grandpa did once in 75, 6, or 7.
It was new and on the dealers lot.
For a couple decades now I've used an 8' 4x4 to protect the walls and Stretch off of. It's not that heavy...... I mean it's always dry, never in the carport. It's dedicated to that purpose. It spans sliding doors, and led French doors and best of all in a typical room you move this stretcher board once, no need to keep scooting a 3 food board as you go. It's a tome saver in that way....... I mean once it's in the house and on the floor it's easy to move.
Ive never been into speed. If my way takes 15 to 30 minutes more, I couldn't care less.
Like....... Ooooh, I got my job done at 3:50 instead of 4:20. What will I do with all that saved time? 🤔
Nothing, .....I just got done a little faster. Not enough time to get started on another job and who'd want you showing up at a quarter to 5:00 to unload a few tools and leave?
I never chased jobs or had to move twice as fast as the guy that I out bid.
I've never bid jobs anyway.
On public housing, I had one day. They ranged from 40 yards to 80 yards. 40 yards I could do in 90 minutes.

When I think of Rusty, I think of my cousin Denny ( not by blood 😜 ) He was fast as shiitake mushrooms 😜…. And probably about the same age too…. Also a Vietnam vet, 🙇‍♂️ and Conservative as all get out, and a Warren Zevon fan ! and did I already say he was fast as Crap, like Rusty 🙇‍♂ ….. This is me being a Sycophant 😜 not ! Just feeling no pain after a Tito’s Martini 🤪 and giving credit where credit is due. I’m more like Randy, take your time and savor the experience 😜 ✌️ Happy Friday everyone

On public housing, I had one day. They ranged from 40 yards to 80 yards. 40 yards I could do in 90 minutes.

Two drops with no seams is a layers dream!

I remember working for a couple shops throughout the years that dealt with nothing but cheap rentals. Nothing to brag about and the pay per yard sucked but they always gave you plenty of material, which boosted the yardage😏. I’m talkin one piece fills, enough material to drop the MBR/ hallway in one shot type shit and you weren’t piecing stairs together from falloff either. And most importantly when you showed up to the shop in the morning they had your shit pulled and ready to load up and get you down the road. They didn’t waste your time in the morning and I appreciate that cus I got shit to do damnit!

At the end of the day when you penciled it out you actually made damn good money as long as you could hustle and your work was clean.

Almost forgot… No customers!

Latest posts

Back