Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I've seen one in the marsh. Question Mark butterfly...

Question Mark Butterfly 1 sm wWM.jpg

While I was taking pictures of roses in the park last night, this little fella created this beautiful shot in perfect alignment with where I was standing at the time. The famous photographer, Ansel Adams when asked about the secret to his success responded, "Knowing where to stand." Sometimes I get lucky. :)

Cardinal 1 sm wWM.jpg

While I was taking pictures of roses in the park last night, this little fella created this beautiful shot in perfect alignment with where I was standing at the time. The famous photographer, Ansel Adams when asked about the secret to his success responded, "Knowing where to stand." Sometimes I get lucky. :)

View attachment 19853
Off the charts. 😱
Beautiful. 👍

It's about the end result.
I used to think photos had to be raw images with maybe a little lightening or darkening and without fancy alterations.
I have a photo of a ship offshore coming out of a fog bank, heading towards our jetty. The pilot boat is 1/4 mile ahead of it with headlights on.
It was a 1/8 or 1/4 second exposure late evening on Kodachrome 64.
I digitized the photo, cleaned and sharpened it, then I found it looked best in B&W. It became even better if I left an offshore buoy light red.
I miss being able to mess with my photos.
That one right there is an award winner. Very nice.
Did you sell the house and permanently move into a blind on the reserve?

It's about the end result.
I used to think photos had to be raw images with maybe a little lightening or darkening and without fancy alterations.
I have a photo of a ship offshore coming out of a fog bank, heading towards our jetty. The pilot boat is 1/4 mile ahead of it with headlights on.
It was a 1/8 or 1/4 second exposure late evening on Kodachrome 64.
I digitized the photo, cleaned and sharpened it, then I found it looked best in B&W. It became even better if I left an offshore buoy light red.
I miss being able to mess with my photos.
That one right there is an award winner. Very nice.
Did you sell the house and permanently move into a blind on the reserve?
Thanks Hi! No, I actually have been a little absent this past week. I don't tolerate heat very well. I've had two heat strokes when I was younger. It's been crazy hot and humid here. It finally cooled off a little bit last night, so I walked for the first time since last weekend. I only walked for two hours, but with the heat by the time I got back to the car I was getting pretty light headed from the heat. Of course, my dumb A&# had on 35 lbs. of gear in that heat. In hindsight I probably should have went with my light weight set-up. We finally got rain last night and the humidity has dropped from over 80% for the last week down to 53% right now. It's about 10 degrees cooler than it was yesterday and the Rh is down 40%. But it rained this morning. I might go for a walk here in a couple of hours. Of course, I got to be home to watch the Notre Dame game at 7:30! I have so much editing to do and stuff to do on my website that I might just keep working on that and walk tomorrow and Monday.

I've got a young cousin who has expressed interest in learning about photography from the pictures I share on FB. She wants to go walk with me on Monday, so I think me and the wife are going to pick her up and take her with us. I've got a "beginner" camera set up all ready for her to give it a go and see if she wants to learn. Pretty fun to think I inspired her to give it a try. :) 👍 You could always start renting out @Floorist to do side work and get you a new rig and software. The software has gotten so much better and easier to use. I keep telling Terri that I'm going to become Morman, so I can marry another woman just for camera gear money. 🤣🤣

Thanks Hi! No, I actually have been a little absent this past week. I don't tolerate heat very well. I've had two heat strokes when I was younger. It's been crazy hot and humid here. It finally cooled off a little bit last night, so I walked for the first time since last weekend. I only walked for two hours, but with the heat by the time I got back to the car I was getting pretty light headed from the heat. Of course, my dumb A&# had on 35 lbs. of gear in that heat. In hindsight I probably should have went with my light weight set-up. We finally got rain last night and the humidity has dropped from over 80% for the last week down to 53% right now. It's about 10 degrees cooler than it was yesterday and the Rh is down 40%. But it rained this morning. I might go for a walk here in a couple of hours. Of course, I got to be home to watch the Notre Dame game at 7:30! I have so much editing to do and stuff to do on my website that I might just keep working on that and walk tomorrow and Monday.

I've got a young cousin who has expressed interest in learning about photography from the pictures I share on FB. She wants to go walk with me on Monday, so I think me and the wife are going to pick her up and take her with us. I've got a "beginner" camera set up all ready for her to give it a go and see if she wants to learn. Pretty fun to think I inspired her to give it a try. :) 👍 You could always start renting out @Floorist to do side work and get you a new rig and software. The software has gotten so much better and easier to use. I keep telling Terri that I'm going to become Morman, so I can marry another woman just for camera gear money. 🤣🤣
I had a heat stroke and passed out in a customer's house about 30 years ago. Still can't stand heat.

Wow, that's some nice color. I don't recall any colored skies this summer. There's too many days with fog hugging the coast.

I've got 220 yards of patterned, woven, Bloomsburg carpet to do in a couple months. Wonder what it would take to get Rusty to hand trim and seal 80 feet of seams.
A week after I measured this job the shop owned said.....

"I've got some bad news for you"
I said, "how bad?"

He said, "we got that job"

I started 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Wow, that's some nice color. I don't recall any colored skies this summer. There's too many days with fog hugging the coast.

I've got 220 yards of patterned, woven, Bloomsburg carpet to do in a couple months. Wonder what it would take to get Rusty to hand trim and seal 80 feet of seams.
A week after I measured this job the shop owned said.....

"I've got some bad news for you"
I said, "how bad?"

He said, "we got that job"

I started 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Some days being retired is ok.

I'm working on it....
...maybe. 😁
It's nearly a $50,000 carpet sale.
I don't really want to do this one, but I'd hate to see the shop lose one like this.

Latest posts

Back