What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truck fixed.
Permanent fix after chasing my tail doing non related fixes for two years.
A huge weight.....

....no, a 500 lb gravity ball was lifted off my shoulders tonight.
This was the problem with my truck not starting last Friday night.
For two years I've had this randomly occuring problem. Erratic tachometer and extreme ignition miss.
Each time I think it's fixed, it reappears. Not one of my "fixes" was directly related to the actual cause.
This is my ECU connection. 🤬
I removed the ECU from my dash to install my heater core, but I never disconnected it. I just leaned it I against the passenger side vent while I spent the week working on the heater core and dashboard stuff.
Look at the dust. The existence of dust where that clip is, shows it was never fully snapped into position.
I've had the truck for over 10 years, so it's ALWAYS been this way, just getting worse and causing issues during the past two years .
My truck has always run weird, shifted weird, idled randomly high and low........
....I've never known what it's supposed to behave like, so I just assumed crappy was normal for these old S10 pickups.
It drops consistently to the same idle now. (Never did before)

The engine temperature is lower.
The automatic shifts, not up and down are cleaner,
There's nothing that isn't better.

This has been a nightmare, two years now and always wondering if the truck will start.
Up until last Friday, my odds were good. Well over 99 percent...........
.....but always on my mind was, what if"
Not no more. It is permanently FIXED.
Now...... I could be pissed, but boy did I learn more about my trucks wiring. I found some things that were going to stop me in my tracks, relatively soon meaning WINTER TIME. Not a time to be working on the truck.....in the rain ....along a dark road.
It's been an expensive few weeks.

All this time and it was a loose clip?? Ain’t that some shit. Glad you got it figured out.

I have one of those gravity balls on my kitchen sink. It pulls the plug from my disposal weekly. Way annoying, but what happens when you install a R/O system under the sink. What's that saying..."10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag?"

Zip tie the cord up and out of the way so the gravity ball doesn’t hook it. Installing the faucet it is only half the job. The other half is testing it and making sure the damn thing functions properly and doesn’t get hung up during normal operation.

The house we’re renting has one of those faucets that wasn’t properly adjusted after installing it. You could only pull the hose out a couple inches. C’mon, man! There’s even a sticker on the hose that says ‘Install weight here’. Took me a couple minutes to get down there and move it. Now it works as it should, minus the fact that the hot and cold are hooked up backwards. I’ll get to that this week. Lucky for me there is space to get in there and work.

IMG_0372.jpeg

Truck fixed.
Permanent fix after chasing my tail doing non related fixes for two years.
A huge weight.....

....no, a 500 lb gravity ball was lifted off my shoulders tonight.
This was the problem with my truck not starting last Friday night.
For two years I've had this randomly occuring problem. Erratic tachometer and extreme ignition miss.
Each time I think it's fixed, it reappears. Not one of my "fixes" was directly related to the actual cause.
This is my ECU connection. 🤬
I removed the ECU from my dash to install my heater core, but I never disconnected it. I just leaned it I against the passenger side vent while I spent the week working on the heater core and dashboard stuff.
Look at the dust. The existence of dust where that clip is, shows it was never fully snapped into position.
I've had the truck for over 10 years, so it's ALWAYS been this way, just getting worse and causing issues during the past two years .
My truck has always run weird, shifted weird, idled randomly high and low........
....I've never known what it's supposed to behave like, so I just assumed crappy was normal for these old S10 pickups.
It drops consistently to the same idle now. (Never did before)

The engine temperature is lower.
The automatic shifts, not up and down are cleaner,
There's nothing that isn't better.

This has been a nightmare, two years now and always wondering if the truck will start.
Up until last Friday, my odds were good. Well over 99 percent...........
.....but always on my mind was, what if"
Not no more. It is permanently FIXED.
Now...... I could be pissed, but boy did I learn more about my trucks wiring. I found some things that were going to stop me in my tracks, relatively soon meaning WINTER TIME. Not a time to be working on the truck.....in the rain ....along a dark road.
It's been an expensive few weeks.
That is such a good feeling, isn't it?

All this time and it was a loose clip?? Ain’t that some shit. Glad you got it figured out.
Taking it out for another cruise.
I still need to make a hanger for the inlet/outlet tubes on my heater core. That's where I was headed on Friday when the truck kicked the bucket. Needed some aluminum plates to carve into the right dimensions. Then I'll have heat in the cab instead of fogged up windows. I'm gaining big-time.

Latest posts

Back