What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are the Man. You would Love hanging with a few guys I know at the breakfast place. They buy semi- beat up classic cars and fix them new, as a hobby. Elmer is a retired helicopter mechanic in his 90’s and Larry a retired technical teacher in his 70’s …. Occasionally he bugs me with a bound rug job.

Rusty! I was just about to ask if anyone had heard from you and how you were doing. (((HUGS))) So glad you're out of the hospital.

Went to the court thinking it was friend's ex's trial but it was just a custody hearing so I had to wait out in the hallway. Not sure what happened but pretty sure friend was given custody since his ex is still in jail. Found out he got a case of the super stupids and tried to put his house up as collateral to bail her out but the house was only half the value of the bail. So glad that didn't work out. His wife would have been sooo pissed at him if he'd bailed the ex out. She had one of her fuckboys show up at the courthouse too-- that's how I found out about the collateral thing. She has the fuckboy and my friend convinced that her boyfriend (the father of at least one of her kids) abused her. Guy has no history of violence and she's the only one who ever accused him of being violent. She also accused my friend of being violent to her and convinced that guy that my friend was abusing her when they were together. So she knows how to manipulate guys. She learned how to manipulate and pit people against one another from her adopted mom. Her adopted mom also claimed she (the friend's ex) had brittle bones as a child and that she broke some bones as a kid. Only one of the kids had any signs of broken bones and its the baby. Still wonder if he has brittle bones and they didn't run the tests. But I think it's more likely she got violent with him in a rage bc she did that with the 1st baby.

Friend is still convincing himself she's innocent somehow. I told her fuckboy that I wasn't convinced that she wasn't the one who hurt the baby bc I'd seen some of her tantrums and seen her get violent but that I don't think she deliberately injured the baby. She just doesn't think.

After the stupidity was over I went back to my friend's house to play with kittens. All 5 were accounted for this time.
I held Kelebrimbor.
1727824872053.png
Friend was happy bc I sent him a picture of his favorite kitten, the tortie named KJ:
1727824919458.png
Beige kittens don't have names yet. And I need to upload more of the pics.

I grabbed some food for my friend and the 4-yr-old as well as for myself and my brother. Mom wasn't hungry. I got her something else to eat when I got home and I'll cook later.

Fed kitties and Rupert tried to push the living room door open to get in and was hollering at me because he saw me putting out canned food for Boo. So I gave him some and then he was still hungry so I had to hold him and hold the bowl up to his face for him to eat some bisque. Other kitties were trying to steal it from him.

Oh, we popped into the Assessor's office in the courthouse and found out more info on the property friend wants to buy. Lady there was very sweet. She gave me the name and number to call of someone who might be able to fix the misspelled street name for my address and she showed us a website where we could look up properties, who owns them, and their value. Discovered that our property is still in dad's name for the front 19 acres but is in mom and dad's names for the back 13. So that needs to be corrected. Also found they have the wrong spot for friend's current house and that a local judge literally stole the back half of the property without paying for it. it is now listed as belonging to him even though he didn't buy it. He just put up a fence and plopped down some trailers. Friend is being charged property tax by the city as if it was the whole chunk including that back part-- so the creep judge isn't even paying property tax to the city on what he stole, my friend has been paying it. If he gets the other house he'll leave it to his Mom to sort out.

I added a paper roll holder to the end of my bench. Holds a roll of the red rattan stuff just fine. Works out great when I’m gluing stuff up. Pull out a sheet and glue up whatever you want. Works great for finish, too. Simply ball it up and throw it away when you’re done.

IMG_0321.jpeg

I added a paper roll holder to the end of my bench. Holds a roll of the red rattan stuff just fine. Works out great when I’m gluing stuff up. Pull out a sheet and glue up whatever you want. Works great for finish, too. Simply ball it up and throw it away when you’re done.

View attachment 20103
Wrapping station for Christmas too.

Rusty, I hope everything goes well at the hospital.

Looks great, Highup!

So, the little tabby kitten (that got kidnapped by the kid next door) ended up dying. Found her cold and barely breathing on the porch. Rushed her to the vet and they did what they could for her but she didn't make it. Don't know if the kid did anything to her that contributed. Picked up meds for the other kittens to make sure they don't die too. Friend's wife is very fond of my fluffy orange kitty.

Watched the 2 most recent episodes of The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.

Got a call from friend's ex wanting $ to bail her out. Nope. Not happening. The kids are better off with her out of their lives for as long as possible.

Went to Samsclub and my brother had a tizzy bc i was waiting on some rotisserie chicken to be ready. He stormed off and it turns out he had to go to the bathroom. Later Rupert got into the living room when I was feeding Boo, Mew, and Itsy so I put some food down for him too. I was shredding some rotisserie chicken while he decided to be an ass and climb behind furniture and got himself stuck on the other side of the room. The room is full of empty boxes, trash, furniture, and some boxes that actually have stuff in them. My brother previously promised to clean it all up but never did. I asked my brother for help bc I needed to dig to get to him. My brother decided to go play video games instead. I was freaking out a little since Rupert stopped meowing. I went and again asked my brother for help but he said he was "busy". Jerk. I had to fill some trash bags and open the door to toss them out of the room to clear stuff and Lady Sylvanas slipped in. She very rarely tries to get in there but she decided to explore. I finally got over to Rupert behind a recliner. He had pissed on himself and fallen asleep. He woke up when I got to him and meowed. I picked him up and got him out of there and cleaned him up. Sylvanas didn't want to come out so I left her in there. I got Rupert cleaned up and then saw Mom going down the hallway and realized I moved so much furniture and stuff she wouldn't be able to get to her chair. So I went to move the stuff only to find the door was stuck. Sylvanas was just inside meowing and the door kept hitting something on the bottom and wouldn't open. So I had to go outside and climb my short fat ass through the window. Now, this window does not stay open so I had to prop it open. and I couldn't lift my leg high enough so I had to use both hands to pull it up enough to get through the window, squeeze my fat ass through, and then get inside and then I had to squeeze behind the recliner and I almost got stuck. Was stuck for a few seconds but got free. Turns out Sylvanas had pulled the carpet up in front of the door. I stomped it down and the door could open. Let her out and moved stuff so Mom could get in.

Currently resting.

Power went out around 2:00 this afternoon. I was working on finishing up redoing or better said, cleaning up the wiring to my custom fit gauges. I installed them where the factory radio used to reside. I never hooked up the dimmer lighting.
While neatening up the bundle of unnecessary spaghetti wire, noticed the factory wired light socket for the radio......
.......damned, .......of course it dims.
I'm making a feed off of that wire to go to my gauges. I'll FINALLY have lights on those aftermarket gauges. Not just lights, but dimmable lights! 🎉🎉🎉
Anyhow I came inside about 3:00 to get my soldering iron and heat shrink tubing. The lights on the house didn't work.
I headed to town to get different crimp connectors and find different colors of shrink tubing.
Nobody was open. Major power outage. 6000 people? I was informed that powered should be restored just after midnight. 🤔
The outage was supposedly caused by "wildlife"
....meaning deer, elk, seagulls, squirrels ..........or maybe a kegger party with a live band ? 😱
I'm not complaining tho. Beautiful and sunny day, not 20+ inches of rain and my place washed out to sea.
Lights will return, so I'll solder tomorrow instead of crimp. It was a nice day and I'll finish up my two week long truck repairs. Next is just an oil change.

Last edited:
Highup, Yup! I've also stumbled around in the dark and turned light switches when the power was out.

Glad you can dim the lights behind the new gauges. So cool that you were able to do that. I hope you'll be able to get the parts you need to finish the job.

I just remembered something that happened last night that adds to my list of weird injuries. I managed to cut the inside of my mouth on very crispy fried chicken breading. Seriously, WTF. Breading. I have abnormally high bones under my tongue in my lower jaw and the skin there is pretty thin and cuts easily. It's why I don't eat so many chips and sharp crispy things. But this is the first time I managed to cut the skin there with fried chicken breading.

Meanwhile, Rupert keeps trying to get back into the living room and I'm not allowing it because I don't want him to get stuck again. He might not repeat the mistake, but he is an orange cat. At least Mewlatto only got stuck behind the couch once. He's not orange but he's a pretty dumb cat.

Also, folks on the homesteading forum are wanting to be kept updated on Rusty.

Highup, Yup! I've also stumbled around in the dark and turned light switches when the power was out.

Glad you can dim the lights behind the new gauges. So cool that you were able to do that. I hope you'll be able to get the parts you need to finish the job.

I just remembered something that happened last night that adds to my list of weird injuries. I managed to cut the inside of my mouth on very crispy fried chicken breading. Seriously, WTF. Breading. I have abnormally high bones under my tongue in my lower jaw and the skin there is pretty thin and cuts easily. It's why I don't eat so many chips and sharp crispy things. But this is the first time I managed to cut the skin there with fried chicken breading.

Meanwhile, Rupert keeps trying to get back into the living room and I'm not allowing it because I don't want him to get stuck again. He might not repeat the mistake, but he is an orange cat. At least Mewlatto only got stuck behind the couch once. He's not orange but he's a pretty dumb cat.

Also, folks on the homesteading forum are wanting to be kept updated on Rusty.

I think Captain Crunch was the worst food for tearing up your mouth. Those damn cereal nuggets were sharp, like coral.

My first cat was an orange cat. Something different about them. They ain’t right but that’s why you want one, I think. Last time I brought home an orange cat, maybe 12 or 14 years ago, he made it 2 weeks until the wife got rid of him. He was a pisser so he had to go. Can’t argue with that. I think that could be an orange cat thing because now I’m thinking back to when I was in HS and my cat, another orange cat, pissed on my shoes. I remember going to first period and I could smell the piss but I didn’t know it was coming from me. Second period and I can still smell the piss. It’s getting a little stronger so now I’m lookin around to see who was in last period with me cus they must be the ones who smell like piss. Third period comes and it’s getting pretty stinky. That’s when I realize what had happened and I got up and left, skipped the rest of the day. Went home and threw my shoes away.

Waiting for hurricane Milton

Watched Trump return to Butler great rally , Elon was there , live opera singer for Ava Maria and Nessun Dorma .
I’m back at the shop I’ve worked for , for the last forty years off and on the owner is my friend but I left in a huff because they were trying to make me use the wrong glue. It was cheaper of course and a small pallet of buckets were involved.
You would think I would get an apology but all I got was a decent schedule of work which is nice I’ve had to hustle to stay busy with other stores that aren’t as organized (more overhead less money for me but more work)

The Army corp of engineers placed hundreds of truckloads of new sand on the gulf beaches since the last hurricane, all that sand was pushed inland by Helene so that has to be removed , DeSantis is saving it to use again.
Odd that North Carolina got the worst of a gulf hurricane almost like Lahaina got destroyed by a brush fire

Waiting for hurricane Milton

Watched Trump return to Butler great rally , Elon was there , live opera singer for Ava Maria and Nessun Dorma .
I’m back at the shop I’ve worked for , for the last forty years off and on the owner is my friend but I left in a huff because they were trying to make me use the wrong glue. It was cheaper of course and a small pallet of buckets were involved.
You would think I would get an apology but all I got was a decent schedule of work which is nice I’ve had to hustle to stay busy with other stores that aren’t as organized (more overhead less money for me but more work)

The Army corp of engineers placed hundreds of truckloads of new sand on the gulf beaches since the last hurricane, all that sand was pushed inland by Helene so that has to be removed , DeSantis is saving it to use again.
Odd that North Carolina got the worst of a gulf hurricane almost like Lahaina got destroyed by a brush fire
I watched the rally too. It was great for the attendees of that previously rally to attend this one and not have it ruined in such a horrific way. I'm betting is was good for Trump also to get back on the horse so to speak. I mean, you know he had thoughts going through his head as he walked to the stage. I wonder if he had his fingers crossed.
I just saw for the first time, photos of the cars buried in sand, and the sand built up around homes and businesses in Florida. All I've seen up til now is the mud and bridges piled high with brush and tree stumps.
I can't begin to imagine how people move forward after something like that.
....and to think I was concerned when the power went out yesterday and I couldn't solder some wiring on my dash and gauge lights.
Power went out about 2pm and I got a text notification saying it would be restored by 9pm.
an hour later, they updated saying 12am.
....the next update said 3am.
I woke up at 5am and the update at 4:43am said power had been restored. I flipped all my breakers back on and made coffee.
I think a substation not far out of town got taken down by a bird or squirrel on a nice sunny and warm afternoon. Makes me realize how vulnerable and dependent we are.
I brought in my jump starter and charged my phone and one of my flashlights. Last year, I did an impulse buy at Harbor Freight at the checkout counter. A foot long string of mini LED lights with a remote.
It takes three AA batteries. Anyhow, I got the lights out and thumb tacked them to the ceiling so we'd at least have a little glow in the living room. The little suckers were an amazing help. They were around $6 as I recall.

I wish all those people back east had it this bad. 🙄

Attachments

• PXL_20241006_132032982.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20241006_132032982.NIGHT.jpg
    332.3 KB
Tags are up this month on my van and today is the last day to register to vote. Sounds like I’ve got some shit to do. I left work at lunch today so I could take care of business. I went to one of the privately owned ‘expedited’ DMV places here in AZ to take care of business. They charge you a $50 fee but you’re in n out in minutes. Minutes! Took me maybe 15 minutes tops to switch all my shit over and they were helping me within 30 seconds of walking through the door, without an appointment. That right there justifies the $50 fee if you ask me. I hear if you make an appointment with the actual DMV that it’s not so bad but who does that? Clearly not me. After COVID you had to make an appointment for the DMV in NC and damn if you still weren’t over a month or two out before you actually got in to see anyone.

Anybody out there air dry your clothes anymore? Electricity is expensive here and it’s hot n dry. There are a couple old clothes line posts in the back yard so I strung up some new lines last night. Gonna put them to use.

IMG_0330.jpeg

Rusty, I'm glad you're feeling a little better.

My dad had an orange cat when he was a kid. Well, it was supposed to be his sister's cat but the cat liked him better. He had a fondness for orange cats because that cat was so loving.

Pissing in shoes and all over stuff is not just an orange cat thing. My cats of all different colors piss on stuff. The un-neutered males spray everything. My sister had a female black cat who pissed on everything-- including computers-- but there was something wrong with her. She was sort of a rescue cat. Her previous owner was a drug user and we're pretty sure she was exposed to some serious drugs before the dude went to prison and my BIL adopted her. She was a very sweet kitty though. A black and white male cat is one of the worst about peeing in stuff. He pissed on my new shoes. I'm trying to figure out how to wash them without destroying them. Been wearing my old crappy shoes-- literally shoes that have stepped in cat crap, dog crap, cow crap, etc.

I think the male cats would spray less if they were neutered but my brother isn't willing to spend the $ or take the time to get them neutered even though they are his cats and he promised to have it done years ago. I have a female white cat with gray spots who pees in bowls, plates, food dishes, spoons, and any sort of container. No idea why. But she doesn't pee on my shoes, clothes, or bed.

CJ, it's too humid here to hand clothes out to dry. There are also too many bugs, too much pollen, and the cows. Cows would walk right through and knock clothes down.

Stomach doesn't feel good today so I'm waiting for Mom to wake up and want food. I need to get some cleaning done but I feel like garbage. I do need to go to the store to get some stuff though.

Latest posts

Back