Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was 10 , a toro too, no steering wheel, just a U shaped side to side thing. Mom yelled at him once she saw me, but I bugged the piss out of him to let me do it and then I regretted doing so because the older brother pushed it off on me forever and ever šŸ˜‚

I was 10 , a toro too, no steering wheel, just a U shaped side to side thing. Mom yelled at him once she saw me, but I bugged the piss out of him to let me do it and then I regretted doing so because the older brother pushed it off on me forever and ever šŸ˜‚
I too thought it was fun..... the first few times. šŸ˜
Mom and dad owned an apartment.
...4 blocks away
...downhill all the way
...then uphill all the way
...note to self;
Be careful what you beg for. šŸ˜

I couldnā€™t wait until I was old enough to mow our yard cus that meant I earned $5, that was bank to a young kid. I think I was maybe 7 or 8 the first time dad let me mow the yard by myself. We had an old Toro reel mower. I loved that thing, it just sounded cool like scissors.
Gave incentive to not let the grass get 5 inches tall. I think that's why dad bought the 16", 2 HP mower.

I still love mowing the lawn but I donā€™t get paid to do it anymorešŸ™. The neighbors riding mower died some time ago and theyā€™ve been push mowing ever since. Iā€™ll mow their front yard for them and the wife will bring over fresh baked cookies and eggs from their chickens from time to time. My neighbor on the other side is a truck driver or something like that and is gone a lot so if I really get bored Iā€™ll mow his yard too. Makes for a long day if I have to mow all three yards but I am usually smiling the whole time so it canā€™t be that bad.

Iā€™ve been the designated mower for the past 4 years at my brothers. Takes approximately 2 hours nonstop. He has a 54ā€ Simplicity w/ hydrologic power support, but the sister in-law took over in the beginning of summer. She said itā€™s therapeutic but I havenā€™t noticed any improvement šŸ˜œ She goes way to fast, leaving it scalped šŸ˜” and after cutting she doesnā€™t double back to disperse the Spinach šŸ˜” ā€¦. Havasu donā€™t read this message to your wife šŸ˜‚

Doesnā€™t double back to mulch up the spinach?? Amateur! I raised my deck another 1/2ā€ and you gotta check and maintain proper tire pressure as well. When youā€™re only running 12 or so PSI, being a little low makes a difference.

Hey, Mike, what did you ever do about the blades on your lawnmower? That was you that I was talking to about different types of lawnmower blades wasnā€™t it?
Probably, I remember getting into it a year ago, but donā€™t remember what we did. My brother took it in for a tune up and blade change two seasons back. What was your advice back then ?

Two different countertops, same situation. What do you think? I think they shoulda started in the corner.

IMG_3688.jpeg
IMG_3677.jpeg

I got a new coffee cup cus Iā€™ve spilt coffee on myself a couple times and that shit is hot! I need a lid. Here is my new cup and now the coffee is too damn hot cus the lid keeps the heat in so I donā€™t use the lid anymore.šŸ˜‚ Donā€™t know what to make of that but, look, when was the last time you saw somebody's coin holders full. Do they even put those in vehicles anymore? I used to keep all my spare change in the ashtray before coin holders were a thing. Does anybody even have to deal with change anymore? How about cash in general? I love getting paid in cash but thatā€™s about it. I donā€™t think I even have a single dollar in my wallet right now.

IMG_3676.jpeg

I started keeping the coin wrappers in a cup and filling them regularly instead of allowing the change to accumulate on the counter, in my pockets, in the truck and so on. I leave the filled wrappers in the truck console between seats. I just leave it there for when I go to buy something and don't have dollars in my wallet-----usually beer.

Latest posts

Back